Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme SSSTS
The SSSTS course is designed for first-line managers including those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
About This Course
This CITB SSSTS Course will cover the following topics:
- Legalisation, ACOP updates with discussions on impact and practical aspects of compliance
- Overview of proposed/ impending legalisation
- Accidents statistics, costs, causes, management responsibilities/methods in prevention
- HSE’s current focus on construction activities
- Safety management systems, policies, plans and performance measuring
- Management of contractors
- Communication and consultation aspects, effective use of toolbox talks and site inductions
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error, stress and prevention
- Prevention of accidents
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Planning for health & safety in relation to fire safety, working at height, manual handling, and movement of people within the context of a project
Following successful completion of the CITB SSSTS Course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
Mandatory requirements are that delegates are able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Some form of ID such as a passport or drivers licence will be required to take this course.
CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme is delivered in English and all examinations are written in English, answers must also be supplied in English.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the CITB SSSTS course in preparation for the final examination and will need to achieve 72% in the final exam in order to successfully complete the SSSTS course. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years. Refreshers course needs to be undertaken before their expiry date.
Scheme of rules
From £260 + VAT
CITB Short Course Duration Grant at Tier 2 – £70
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
14th – 15th June 2021
20th – 21st September 2021
15th – 16th November 2021