Site Managers Safety Training Scheme Refresher – SMSTS Refresher
This course is for people who currently hold a valid SMSTS certificate that has been achieved within the previous five years.
About This Course
The CITB SMSTS refresher course will cover the following topics:
- The current focus of HSE’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences
- Overview and changes to current legalisation affecting construction
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Control of substances hazardous to health 2002
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Fire on Construction sites 2005
- Construction Waste and Site Waste Management Plans
Following successful completion of the CITB SMSTS Refresher course candidates will be able to:
• Implement new guidance and industry best practice
• Develop their skills in assessment, planning and implementation of safe systems and methods in the workplace.
• Provide examples and opportunities for the study and to analyse health, safety and welfare practices and procedures.
• State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
As a refresher course candidates are required to have achieved the CITB SMSTS – Site Management Safety Training Scheme.
CITB SSite Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher is delivered in English and all examinations are written in English, answers must also be supplied in English.
This is a combination of classroom-based theory and tutorials, candidates will continually be assessed throughout the course. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years. Refreshers course needs to be undertaken before their expiry date.
Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of the site manager
Scheme of rules
£295 + VAT
CITB Short Course Duration Grant at Tier 3 – Refresher Value of £60
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
17th – 18th June 2021
23rd – 24th September 2021
18th – 19th November 2021