Health And Safety Awareness Course
Note: We will contact you after booking to organise the date for this course
- Reduced cost associated with accidents and incidents
- Improved staff relations and morale
- Improve business efficiency
- Improved public image and PR
- Lower insurance premiums
These days, workplace health and safety procedures are important for the well-being of both employees and employers because human loss is immeasurable and intolerable. In this Health and Safety Awareness Course, you will learn the safety procedures, preventive actions to take, and most important to prevent accidents.
From £130 + VAT
CITB Short Course Grant at Tier 1 – Value of £30
- Course Duration: 5 Days
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The CITB Health And Safety Awareness course qualification will cover the following topics:
- General responsibilities.
- Accident prevention & reporting.
- Health & welfare.
- Manual Handling.
- Work at height.
- Emergency procedures & first aid.
- Fire Prevention and control. Hazardous substances.
- Electrical safety.
- Hand-held equipment and tools.
- Noise & Vibration.
- Site Safety Transport.
- Excavations and confined spaces.
Following successful completion of the CITB Health And Safety Awareness course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents.
- Have an understanding of health and safety law.
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure. Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
- Qualify for a green CSCS card.
- Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work are eligible for this safety awareness course.
- Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
- This course is delivered in English. So a good understanding of spoken and written English is required.
- A high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorial in this safety awareness course.
- Delegates will be continuously assessed during the course in preparation for the final examination. Delegates will be assessed via written and practical assessments. Successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate and be able to apply for a labourer card.
- Professional Membership
- Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.