First aid saves lives – can you afford not to make this vital New Year’s resolution?
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Course duration – minimum of 18 hours excluding break times, can be run over split days but must be completed in 10 weeks with no session less than 2 hours.
The certificate will last for 3 years from the date of passing the exam. Examination by qualified external assessors.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid at work
- Provide basic instruction in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid.
In addition, the following subjects will be included.
- Severe bleeding (i.e. chainsaw injury)
- Crush injury
- Hypothermia / Hyperthermia
- Lyme disease
- Tick and snake bites
- Bee stings
Cost: £240.00 + VAT per candidate