Health And Safety Awareness
This Health & Safety Awareness Site Safety Plus course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
About This Course
The CITB Health And Safety Awareness qualification will cover the following topics:
- General responsibilities.
- Accident prevention & reporting.
- Health & welfare.
- Manual Handling.
- Work at height.
- Emergency procedures & first aid.
- Fire Prevention and control. Hazardous substances.
- Electrical safety.
- Hand-held equipment and tools.
- Noise & Vibration.
- Site Safety Transport.
- Excavations and confined spaces.
Following successful completion of the CITB Health And Safety Awareness course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents.
- Have an understanding of health and safety law.
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure. Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
- Qualify for a green CSCS card.
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
This course is delivered in English. So a good understanding of spoken and written English is required.
A high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorial.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the course in preparation for the final examination. Delegates will be assessed via written and practical assessments. Successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate and be able to apply for a labourer card.
Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
From £130 + VAT
CITB Short Course Grant at Tier 1 – Value of £30
- Course Duration: 5 Days
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
7th May 2021
25th June 2021
3rd July 2021
17th September 2021
22nd October 2021
26th November 2021
17th December 2021