First Aid At Work Requalification
About This Course
Each Candidate must hold a current First Aid at Work Certificate!
Course duration – minimum of 12 hours excluding break times, can be run over split days but must be completed in 6 weeks with no session less than 2 hours.
The certificate will last for 3 years from the date of passing the exam. Examination by qualified external assessors.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Provide emergency first aid at work
- Provide basic instruction in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first
It is not the intention to re-teach all of these subjects in detail, but they can be covered during the course, this is dependent on the student’s needs.
Cost: £160.00 + VAT per candidate