Emergency First Aid at Work
The Emergency first Aid Course teaches you how to act should you find someone in a life–threatening situation. This course gives you vital information and practices that can save someone’s life.
About This Course
Course duration – 6 hours, which can be split over two sessions. Certificate will last for 3 years from the date of the course.
There is no formal exam, continual assessment of skill during course.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide basic instruction in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
Cost: £100.00 + VAT per candidate