Special Offer: use the code Guardian at checkout & receive a free first aid kit!
Emergency First Aid at Work for Security Guards
The Emergency First Aid Course teaches you how to act should you find someone in a life–threatening situation. This course gives you vital information and practices that can save someone’s life.
Reasons To Undergo
- To Master The Right Technique
- Keep The Situation Calm
- Become The First Respondent
- Deal With Sudden Emergencies
- Is an Essential Requirement for Security Guards
So, are you going to take the chance of enhancing your security guards skills to save many more lives?
Scroll Down to Book EFAW For Security Guards!
Special Offer: use the code Guardian when booking & receive a free first aid kit!
EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK FOR SECURITY OFFICERS
The SIA has announced changes to the licence linked qualifications required to work within the private security industry. As of April 2021, anyone who wishes to undertake security training to gain an SIA licence will have to prove that they have a valid First Aid certificate, which has at least 12 months until expiry.
The minimum standard of First Aid training accepted will be the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification.
The changes are:
As of October 2021, it will also be compulsory for all security professionals renewing their licence to have the EFAW (Emergency First Aid At Work) qualification.
From 1 April 2021, all students must have a first aid qualification before they can take the training required for a door supervisor or security guard licence
From 1 October 2021, you must have one of the new qualifications or take top-up training before you can apply for a door supervisor and security guard licence – this includes renewals.
Special Offer: use the code Guardian in the booking form comments & receive a free first aid kit!
About This Course
Course duration – 6 hours, which can be split over two sessions. The certificate will last for 3 years from the date of the course.
There is no formal exam, continual assessment of skill during the course.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross-infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide basic instruction in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
Cost: £100.00 + VAT per candidate