CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme – SMSTS
The SMSTS course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or about to, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
About This Course
Topics the CITB SMSTS Course will cover include:
- Introduction to health & safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews/explanations of relevant construction activity legalisation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and principles of prevention
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of contractors
- Development of safe systems of work and permit systems
- Effective communication
- Behavioural science influent awareness of human error
- Motivating safety behaviour
- The Recognition of an organisations duties and responsibilities
- Recognition of responsibilities of managers, supervisors and operatives
- Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work)
- Planning for health & safety within the context of a project
Following successful completion of the CITB SMSTS course candidates will be able to:
• Implement new guidance and industry best practice
• Develop their skills in assessment, planning and implementation of safe systems and methods in the workplace.
• Provide examples and opportunities for the study and to analyse health, safety and welfare practices and procedures.
• State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce attend.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the SMSTS course in preparation for the final examination and will need to achieve 72% in the final exam to complete the SMSTS course.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years. Refreshers course needs to be undertaken before their expiry date.
Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of the site manager.
Scheme of rules
£450.00 + VAT
CITB Short Course Duration Grant at Tier 3 Value of £120
- Course Duration: 5 Days
- Course Location: Gaskell Safety Training Centre, Burton-on-Trent
7th – 11th June 2021
5th – 9th July 2021
6th – 10th September 2021
11th – 15th October 2021
8th – 12th November 2021
6th – 10th December 2021